Learn about the Port River dolphins and their local environment.
Suitability: Preschool – Year 2
Cost: $7.50 per student (includes Port River cruise)
- A facilitated workshop with an education presenter
- Self guided trail to view the museum’s exhibits
- The opportunity to navigate from the top of the Port Adelaide lighthouse
- A half hour cruise on board the historic Archie Badenoch
- Dolphin Discovery teacher resource
Please print the following resources for your visit:
- Port River dolphin talk
- Lighthouse task sheet
- Self-guided museum trail: Junior Primary or Primary (Print in booklet form)
Australian Curriculum Outcomes:
|Foundation:||Living things have basic needs, including food and water.
|Year 1:||Living things have a variety of external features.
Living things live in different places where their needs are met.
|Year 2:||Living things grow, change and have offspring similar to themselves. (Science Understanding)|
|Year 3:||Science knowledge helps people to understand the effect of their actions.
(Science as a Human Endeavour)