Learn about the Port River Dolphin Pod and their habitat.
Dolphin Detectives (Years 3 – 6)
Adelaide Dolphin Sanctuary (Years 7 & 9)
Cost: $7.50 per student (includes Port River cruise)
- A facilitated workshop to learn about the Port River dolphins and local environment
- Self guided trail to view the museum’s exhibits
- The opportunity to navigate from the top of the Port Adelaide lighthouse
- A half hour cruise on board the historic Archie Badenoch
- Years 3 – 6: Dolphin Detectives teacher resource
- Years 7 & 9: Dolphin Sanctuary teacher resource
- Images of Port River dolphins
- Adelaide Dolphin Sanctuary information
- Dr Mike Bossley
- South Australian Marine Parks
- WDCS (Whale and Dolphin Conservation Society)
Please print the following resources for your visit:
- Port River dolphin talk
- Lighthouse task sheet
- Self-guided museum trail: Primary, Middle Years or Senior Years (Print in booklet form)
Australian Curriculum Outcomes: Biological Science and HASS – Geography
Form: What are the features of dolphins?
Function: How do dolphins communicate?
How do dolphins interact with other animals and resources in the marine environment?
Change: How have dolphins adapted to survive in their environment?
Connection: How have cultures viewed and interacted with dolphins, now and in the past?
What are the threats to dolphins?