Learn about the role of an archaeologist, examining a local dig site, surrounding buildings, laneways and the objects excavated.
Suitability: Reception – Year 3
$6 per student
$8.50 per student (with a Port River cruise)
Availability: Monday – Friday
- Facilitated archaeology workshop with an education presenter
- Visit to historic sites in and around the museum (self guided)
- Self guided museum trail to explore the museum’s exhibits
- Lighthouse climb to view and learn about historical landmarks
- Rockpool play session for Junior Primary students
Please print the following resources for your visit:
- Port River history talk
- Lighthouse task sheet
- Self-guided museum trail: Junior Primary or Primary (Print in booklet form)
- Heritage walk
Australian Curriculum – Historical Skills:
Reception – Year 2:
Distinguish between the past, present and future.
Identify and compare features of objects from the past and present.
Locate relevant information from sources provided.
Identify different points of view.